linc called me the morning of my birthday and exclaimed, 'happy marmo day!' birthdays are a wonderful thing.
a whole day all about y-o-u.
a whole day full of surprises.
a day that starts with dd coffee and a donut on the counter.
a day of skor bars on the dash...
and flowers on the doorstep.
a day with family and an outdoor fiesta. [homemade flautasss!!!]
a day your sweet husband planned just for you.
really, what more could you ask for?
i can't think of one single thing.
30 awesome things before i'm 30.
found a list of 30 things to do before you turn 30. since it's closing in on me [hot diggety! where does time go?!] i thought i'd make a list [i changed a couple]. this is gonna be one awesome year...
01. travel. twist my arm why don't you.
02. get something published. perhaps a blog guest post. i tend to aim high, what can i say?
03. watch these films: Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction, Scarface, The Star Wars Trilogy (don't bother with the new ones), Godfather parts I and II, Psycho, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Trainspotting, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Top Gun, American Pie, Gladiator, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Blade Runner, Kill Bill 1 & 2, City of God, The Deer Hunter, Se7en, Fight Club, Back to the Future, Alien and Aliens, Jaws, This Is Spinal Tap, Die Hard, Life of Brian, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Ferris Beuller's Day Off, Life is Beautiful, The Breakfast Club, Grosse Pointe Blank, Stand By Me, Chinatown, The Great Escape, The Outsiders, and Tango and Cash. Well, maybe not the last one. there's actually quite a few of these i haven't seen. i feel like i might need til 40 for this one. i'm kind of bad at watching movies. i'll see what i can do.
04. take a yoga class. i've always wanted to. i'm not very flexible. maybe i should start stretching.
05. learn a second language. i've always wanted to. i would be so rad if i really did this.
06. run a marathon. seriously?
07. drive the pacific coast highway. check!
08. have sex. let's just say i've got this one in the bag.
09. go to a music festival. i've been to 1 or 2...
10. try different foods. this should be more specific. i'll try a new cheese!
11. get on the property ladder. check!
12. test yourself - do something you think you can't do. see #06
13. visit yellowstone.
14. bake a cake from scratch. mand, wanna help?
15. get a savings account and use it. check! i could use it more...
16. do something for charity.
17. do a self portrait each month. j wanna help?
18. put on a dress & go to a fancy dinner.
19. send at least 1 handmade card each month.
20. buy something from anthropolgie. think i added this one? you're so right.
21. have a weekend in nyc. check! but i'll do it again. for eggy.
22. read these books: The Catcher in the Rye, 1984, Romeo and Juliet, the Harry Potter series, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, To Kill a Mockingbird, Brave New World, On the Road, Catch 22, Trainspotting, The Wasp Factory, Lord of the Flies, Fahrenheit 451, Animal Farm, Of Mice and Men, Great Expectations, Tess of the D’Urbevilles, Treasure Island, The Beach, Cloud Atlas, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Ulysses, For Whom the Bell Tolls, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, Life of Pi, The Shining, The Handmaid’s Tale, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Shining, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, A Suitable Boy and many, many more. i've read 1 whole book off this list. and that was in high school so i probably really skimmed it. are these books all really worth reading?
23. memorize Christmas story from the Bible. just like gramma!
24. buy a little black dress.
25. finish my wedding scrapbook. don't judge me. it's only been 8.5 years.
26. go for an overnight train ride.
27. record your family history. this is a good one. i need to do better.
28. sing karaoke.
29. get lasik.
30. climb a mountain. check! i'll climb a few more!