Wednesday, September 30, 2009

america's best idea.


all week pbs is running a series on america's national parks.
it's on each night at 8pm.
you must watch it.
i absolutely love it.
i officially want to visit every national park. also...
i officially want to read everything written by john muir.
there are so many amazing places in the u.s. i didn't know about.
here's a wallpaper i found on pbs...

Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
- John Muir

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marla,
    I've been watching bits and pieces of it, too. It's so fabulous. I've been to a lot of the parks and of course they're better in real life! It's been reminding me of my dream to take a cross-country trip with my kids at some point to visit a bunch of the parks. Time goes so fast... realistically speaking, I've only got 10 years before Lyndsay goes to college! Yikes - I better start saving!
    :-)
    Have a great day,
    Steph

    ps - the secret sauce rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COME ON! WE can be the Ghericks!..but i'll need a dog that can come along! lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you found that picture of me on my secret trip out west...

    ReplyDelete