Sunday, November 29, 2009

..giving thanks..

this year i am especially thankful for..

the whole family in town.
my dad who always has a story to share.

rambunctious nephews.
marmo-head
jojo-head
[our latest nicknames by linc]

an oven full of pies.
a kitchen full of moms + grandmas+aunts+sisters+daughters+granddaughters.

mom's apple pie. made under gram's watchful eye.
"put in all the butter your conscience will let you, my mother always said." ~gram

j's pecan pie.
so.
so.
good.

my spirited and sprightly grandmas.
my mirthful mother.
my good genes. [te hee]

the cutest chef i ever did see.
and yummy grilled veggies.
and a thanksgiving day warm enough to grill.

a table full of food.
a table full of laughter.
a table full of family.
grandma's tossed salad with homemade honey-dijon dressing.

sitting around the fire together.
sweethome.
grandma's stories.
husbands that get along better than us seesters ever could've planned.

2 comments:

  1. love that living room. nice molding around the windows. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A picture perfect T-day! I love the butter quote and yes, I hope those Bannister women genes stay with us for a long time. I always brag to my friends that my 91-year-old Gram "prefers" to sleep in her tent over the camper he he.

    ReplyDelete