Friday, January 15, 2010

catching up: o sugar, sugar.

[i know it's practically valentines day, but i'm still catching up on my december photos. at least i had our christmas tree down the 1st week in jan...]
an essential part of christmasing: sugar cookies.
all my favorite cookie cutters are out...

the boys are sitting by the fire...

the girls are in the kitchen...

some only working when the camera comes out...

some look like they just got caught....

some working hard...or hardly working?

o sugar, sugar...

it's a sickness people. no matter how much my brain says just throw the sprinkles on there, the cookie will be devoured in a matter of seconds. my hands say no can do. the toothpick comes out. the sprinkles are placed with care and precision [just like meema]. and 2 1/2 hours later i have 3 dozen cookies ready to be devoured...

5 comments:

  1. um, not my fault. mom yelled at me to put my foot up all the time. just trying to be a good patient.
    i think that house cookie took decorating to a new level this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on that little house, how cute!!!! I missed decorating cookies with you, never did that ever til I met you. I love it!!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the tiny sugar cookies and you are the sprinkle master. Who got to eat the house cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm pretty sure i did...i don't think anyone else dared. although i did one for gramps also & i'm sure he ate his without a second thought...

    ReplyDelete