Monday, February 28, 2011

i find rest

our sweet little trooper... [who kept trying to lick the ultrasound wand]


i put my ipod on shuffle when i jumped in the shower.
i don't think it's coincidental this song came on first...

Your faithfullness endures always
Where mountains fall and reason fails
And You calm the raging seas
And You calm the storms in me, again

All I know is I find rest in You
All I know is I find rest in You

My heart will praise throughout the night
Where singing seems a sacrifice
Your grace is all I need
Your grace is all I need

Hillsong United, Rest In You


our appointment yesterday went so well. thank you so much for all your prayers and encouragement. the love that we receive from you is overwhelming and humbling. please know that it never goes unnoticed. i planned the morning so that faba could get 2 feedings in before her cutoff at 11am. thankfully she cooperated [that girl loves her sleep - just like her mama!] i worked hard to keep her awake most of the morning and she was so sleepy once we go to the appointment, they decided not to sedate her! this was a huge relief for us. they were able to get the needed pictures with the ECHO and they will have a meeting thursday to review everything and schedule the surgery. at this point it seems the surgery will be sometime around the end of april or beginning of may. we got lots of answers and feel a bit more prepared for what is coming.
i'm so grateful i can find rest in a Creator who loves me. i find rest in knowing He has a plan for me and my family. i'm so grateful part of His plan was to bring this guy into my life...

he is my rock.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, my sweet little wand-licking niece!!

    We are thankful that He brought that guy into your life too. Best big brother. And you make such cute babies. (I also give some thanks to MxPx for that - giving credit where credit is due...)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that things went well and you feel more assured now! Isn't God's peace amazing! I'll continue to pray for all of you in these next few months of uncertainty and I know God will continue to bless you, even with little songs of encouragement just when you need them!

    With love,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, oh fabs already has a great sense of humor! & i love mand's comment about mxpx! oh michael herrera...

    praise the Lord for his hand in your lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that it went well! I almost called you yesterday, but Chris and I decided that you might already be getting overwhelmed with people asking you how it went. Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thinking of you all...have been praying lots.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to your blog and have been perusing for a bit.... I think you are an amazing mother and it's obvious how in love you are with your baby girl and her father. Will be praying for her surgery....

    ReplyDelete