Thursday, May 26, 2011

joy comes in the morning.

it's thundering out. it only seems appropriate. we had our pre-op appointment today and she was cleared for surgery. at first there was relief but as the day went on, the heaviness of what is to come set in.
my sweet ladycakes fell asleep on me this evening. chest to chest. as i felt her little heart beating against my chest i thought about tomorrow. i thought about how i didn't know when we would be able to lay chest to chest again. i decided i would hold her as long as she slept. and i soaked in every moment . she's a trooper this little ladycakes. and she's got the snoopy band-aid to prove it.
and yes, she totally wore jellies to her appointment.
her sweet little chest. today it is smooth. tomorrow it will bear a scar. pray with me that it will be a mark of restoration.
pray with me that i will see this smile even sooner than i think.

pray with me that we will see many miracles on this journey. lives touched all around us. by my sweet little ladycakes.

There maybe pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

You make all things work together for my good

...Your Love Never Fails, Jesus Culture

14 comments:

  1. my prayers are with your beautiful daughter and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i woke up this morning singing that song. i held on to its promise over my day, and i'm praying it for fabs and you and justin. <3

    ps love her jellies (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. much love & prayers. i am so happy to hear that the surgery went well and i hope you'll be holding that little lady in your arms so, so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh baby girl! We love you! Praying so hard all day! Can't wait to kiss her! And hear her little "goo".

    Those glasses. And jellies!

    -xoxoxo-

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for all of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have been on my heart all day. i'm glad the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have been on my heart all day. i'm glad the surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep praying for you, beautiful beautiful girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praising God that Fabienne's surgery went well! Praying that her recovery is quick & you'll soon be able to snuggle again! What a beautiful daughter you have been blessed with! God has BIG plans in store for her. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful words. Beautiful photos. and spectacularly beautiful little girl. Good work loving her, Mama.

    ReplyDelete