Friday, July 1, 2011

foodie friday!!! grilled pita pizza.

summer = grilling out.
one of my favorite things to grill is pita pizzas. so many amazing options. so happy there are hardly any dishes to wash after grilling! so, so yummy.
a couple personal favorites...

avocado
tomato, sliced thin
sweet & tasty sauce [my fav]
crushed red pepper
fresh mozzarella
grated parmesan
fresh basil

broccoli
red bell pepper
banana pepper
ranch dressing
fresh mozzarella
cheddar cheese
grated parmesan
fresh basil

we also often use pesto rather than red sauce. the options are endless, be creative! plus i'm pretty sure food tastes better when you eat it outside...


2 comments:

  1. The one with avocados looks amazing... and delicious!

    Tell me, do you cover the pizzas on the grill with foil or just grill them as is? I've never tried to grill pitas but I think I will now!

    Have a happy 4th!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just grill them. the grill doesn't need to be very hot or they will burn on the bottom. happy 4th to you as well!

    ReplyDelete