Monday, July 4, 2011

home of the brave.

i have much to be thankful for this independence day.

i'm thankful for a Creator who loves unconditionally and all He has given us. i sat at my uncle's pond last night and took it all in.
..fireflies dancing among the towering dark pine trees.
..stars twinkling in the black velvet sky as we pointed out constellations.
..the tiniest sliver of a crescent moon.
..family laughing and telling stories.
..toasting smores over the fire.
..fireworks booming in the distance.
..bullfrogs calling out to each other creating the perfect soundtrack.
..my best friend at my side, my sweet baby nursing in my lap fireside.
yes i have so very much to be thankful for in this land of the free.

The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.
...John Adams, in a letter to his wife Abigail

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to describe uch a beautiful day, thats my Marlita!!!! Love watching Fabs checking out that perfect little paw of hers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - i LOVE that picture. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla,
    I'm Cherie's sister; I feel like we've met?
    Anyway, she has told us much about you two and your little Fabs...just loves you guys.
    She introduced me to your blog this past weekend and I just wanted to tell you what a blessing it is to read your story. You guys are beyond inspiring.
    We have prayed much for Fabs and are thankful that God is taking such good care of her. We'll continue to pray that He will give you strength and encouragement as you raise your sweet little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the two of you so much and thank God daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Wonderful, LOVE the picture,A perfect example for emotional Bonding.

    ReplyDelete