Friday, August 12, 2011

foodie friday!!! potato asparagus pizza

so very happy to share a guest blog at yep, they are all mine. kim has a lovely home, takes great pictures and has an outlook on life that always leaves me laughing. come see a HOT day in our life...which included this amazing flatbread pizza...

6 small red potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound asparagus
2 cloves garlic
4 pieces flatbread
1 cup ricotta cheese
sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1 cup asiago cheese

pierce your potatoes with a fork, stick in the microwave for about 3 minutes. cook until just soft and cut into thin slices.

brush potatoes and asparagus with olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. toss into vegetable basket [asparagus can go straight on the grill] and cook on grill until potatoes are golden brown & crisp on both sides and asparagus is slightly softened.

spread ricotta cheese on each slice of flatbread. top with potatoes, asparagus and asiago cheese. heat on grill [low] until cheese is melted & flatbread is golden.

recipe modified from cheeky kitchen.

6 comments:

  1. Visiting from Yep they're all mine - I must make this pizza ASAP! Looks delicioso!

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i came over from your guest post at 'yep, they're all mine'...your blog and your pictures are gorgeous and i am completely in love with your beautiful little girl! oh my goodness! her little face made me tear up! she is one of the sweetest little things i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely guest post!!

    Um - why wasn't I invited over for the pizza?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pizza looks amazing! We love to grill pizza on the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from "Yep, they are all mine" and am pretty excited I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS- Just pinned this because I think if I make that pizza my life will be complete. :)

    ReplyDelete