Thursday, August 25, 2011

grandpa.

this week has been an emotional roller coaster for my family...

grandpa remains in guarded condition at the hospital.
when things like this happen, you walk around in a haze. wondering how the world can just go on. wondering how i can just go on. but life goes on. and i go on. but there is a lump in my throat that never fully goes away. my heart aches. tears are only a blink away.
grandpa has already beat the odds. he continues to surprise the doctors. we continue to hold on to hope. grandma has an amazing spirit of gratefulness and hope. she continues to inspire. she continues to trust God.

from where we stand, we can't see whether it's something good or bad. all we can see is that God is sovereign and He is always good, working all things for good.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. 1 John 4:16

5 comments:

  1. i think you summed up what a lot of us are feeling really well! going through the motions of daily life while our mind is a million miles away.

    always praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that family photo - gramps looks so happy.

    praying, praying, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a miracle your grandpa survived this blast - I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness. I am SO sorry to hear this! Bless you though for your perseverance to trust in the Lord in such a difficult time!

    Love your little blog world - will definitely be back often (found you on faith blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost my grandpa 4 years ago...and we were best friends. I will be praying for his health and comfort for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete