Tuesday, January 3, 2012

what a year...2011.

one of my favorite things about blogging is the ability to look back. i've never done a good job journaling and i love that this blog holds so many wonderful memories and pictures. hopefully in 2012 i'll take time to preserve even more memories...looking back i see many months were rather sparse.
::january::
i finally got around to posting our christmas picture

i didn't take many pictures or post much because i was too busy holding this tiny bundle

i saw from the beginning that our baby girl was crazy about her daddy...just like me...


::february::
we had a lovely valentines dinner at home.


i shared what a visit to the cardiologist looks like for us.


i shared some of my worries and thoughts with her upcoming heart surgery.


::march::
we truly celebrated 03.21


::april::
shared a favorite grilled sandwich...

my ladycakes rolled over!


::may::
faba celebrates her first easter. with shiny black mary janes and the most perfect easter bonnet...


i celebrated my first mother's day.


fabienne has pre-op and surgery


::june::
more. surgery. updates.


quite possibly the best picture ever...


::july::
our first family camping trip.


a favorite breakfast.

our cloth diaper experience so far.

first father's day.


baby girl rocks her headphones at daddy's concerts.


::august::
a lovely outdoors party for one of my favorite people.


my little firecracker.

a family tragedy.


::september::
road trip of a lifetime! j and i went through these pics recently, i must share more. we traveled through 6 states, drove over 2,300 miles, visited 5 national parks in 8 days.



fall. fashion. week.
jackson hole, wyoming.
marble canyon, arizona.
bergen, new york. :)

::october::
family photo shoot at my cousin's wedding.

shared my birth story. i promise part II is sitting in my drafts, almost done...perhaps my goal for 2012 should be to finish what i start?!


::november::
my baby turned one 10.21.11! ahh. shared photos from a lovely fall party.


all the amazing desserts and cakes made by my super amazing seester.
a little announcement...


::december::
a christmas tree hunt with a little bear.



a favorite drink...nutella hot chocolate.

what a year. j and i have said that so many times about 2011. anticipation. fear. growth. tragedy. hope. death. celebration. adventure. new life. ...if there's one thing i learned this past year, it's this: there may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning. God's love never fails. He makes all things work together for my good. [your love never fails, jesus culture]

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. 1 John 4:16

5 comments:

  1. i am still just as in love with your gorgeous little Fabs as i was the day i found your blog!! thanks for sharing your recap of 2011....i can't get enough of your pictures and adventures! i hope 2012 is filled with nothing but HEALTH and love and happiness for all FOUR of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tent. I need to know more. Pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't believe how different fabs looks!! she is so big now!
    i think the fourth of july is one of my fav pictures ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our son was born 1 year (+2 days) later than your cute little daughter. He also carries an extra chromosome 21. I love your pictures they are beautiful ! for our boy still a heart surgery to come up.. but your pictures make me to have less fear for it. Also the black and white picture at the cardiologist.. very recognizable, nice pic. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete