Sunday, April 29, 2012

...girls getaway...

j and i had a little argument awhile back. what surfaced was that i was not taking care of myself and it was no one's fault but my own. i realized i needed some 'me' time. ...a little break. my mind started racing and i knew my weekend away would include the following: my sister [if california weren't so far, it would have included both my sisters!], good food, thrifting and pampering. total success. we had such an amazing time together. we also turned around a lot...we're horrible with directions...
..she brought some of her amazing s'more bars and i ate way too many.
..we ate some amazing vegetarian panini's & sweet potato fries at a little cafe on the canal.
..i got a mini pedicure while i waited for my massage...it's getting rather tricky to reach those toes over this belly.
..we visited our favorite creamery in fairport.
..squeezed in some shopping.
..we watched a couple episodes of downtown abbey and both got hooked.
..found a little donut shop in fairport.
..we stopped at an amazing barn sale.
..i found a sweet little vintage crib & doll for my ladycakes! and a couple other goodies.
..i am so blessed to have this girl in my life. we have so many shared memories over the years. we always laugh uncontrollably when we're together. i can share the deepest parts of my heart and she loves me no matter what. plus she knows good music...the soundtrack for the weekend included ghoti hook [best.song.ever. seriously, i just had to sing along just looking it up for you], good charlotte, alanis morissette, good stuff i tell you. plus you should hear us hit those harmonies... ;) love you seester.

more pictures here...including an amazing picture of us singing in the car...

6 comments:

  1. let's just place the blame on getting lost where it really belongs: waze. she failed us. many times. not speaking up soon enough. not speaking at all...
    they liked you better at the spa - i never got a fancy water!!
    can't get over the cuteness of the doll & crib you got for fabs.
    and let's not forgot our theme word of the weekend: moseley!

    i'm so needing another girls getaway after my rough night with weebi last night...let's go now.

    so glad my sisters are my besties. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect getaway and good for you for doing this!! i want to make time for a little lovely trip like this some day - just for me. so nice!!

    nice to see you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i know on manda's blog she mentioned about trying to find good donuts. ridge donuts is pretty well known... give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun trip!! hope you feel restored!

    "we'll see you when we get there, on the video, on the radio, in the magazines, on the movie screeeens!"

    yesss forgot how much i love good charlotte. adding to gym playlist now, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such a fun trip! girl time is the best.
    i love that barn on the ridge.
    your snacks look amazing.
    love your preggo belly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sisters are besties! I love that you got to do this before baby boy comes!

    ReplyDelete